Baby Wipe Technique - Part Two - Christmas Theme

Hi there

I had already decided to use the baby wipe technique when my second card class emailed and asked if they could have Christmas themed cards.  Not a problem - this technique works well for any theme. I decided to go with the Embellished Ornaments stamp set and use the baubles images.  The colours are not your traditional Christmas colours but I think they turned out rather well.

 The colours I chose were Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, Pool Party and Soft Sky.  The two outer ornaments are stamped directly onto the card front while the middle ornament is adhered with dimensionals.
 A bit of silver foil or some 'bling' just finishes them off
The silver metallic thread doubled over creates the hanger as the die cut just didn't look right.

I then had a thought - what about the single image from Lovely as a Tree.  This time I've just gone with four shades of green.

 The four greens are - Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz
 The card bases are (from top) Watermelon Wonder, Cherry Cobbler, Cucmber Crush and Real Red
 I had some sentiments left over from last Christmas so added those - I think I may add some Wink of Stella to the trees for a bit of a sparkle.

This one is my favourite.

I have really loved playing with this technique - it's so easy and is heaps of fun.  I hope you give it a go.

Labels: ,