May Card Class

Hi there

This week I've held my card classes and these are the cards we made.

I wanted to do a masculine card to showcase the great DSP pack - Adventure Bound.  This design of card (by Julia Leece) can be used for any occasion - just change the DSP for a different look. Depending on the length of the name you can make this card in a portrait or landscape orientation.

This first one is for my brother whose birthday is next month - how organised is that.



And this one if for a friend of ours


This card style has been great as I seem to have had a heap of masculine birthdays in the last couple of months - I still have a few more creations to show.  I've loved using the Adventure Bound DSP for these cards.

The second card is a technique called Bokeh - first you ink your card stock then create a template and apply Whisper White Craft ink.  I used the heat tool to dry off the ink before applying the Craft ink and then used the heat tool again as the Craft ink takes ages to dry.  I've been a bit late getting on board with this technique but better late than never.  It's a fun technique although you do get a bit inky :)

This was my first attempt using a sponge to apply the colour - Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon



For my second card I used a dauber - quite a different effect.  Here I've used Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive






Labels: ,