Happy 50th Birthday and June card class

Hi there

Yesterday my brother turned 50!! - I can't believe he's that old.  He is the best brother and I love him dearly even though he was a real tease when I was little.  Last night we celebrated his birthday with a lovely roast dinner at their house followed by watching a nerve racking game of rugby.  Half time consisted or yummy Lemon Meringue Pie and my Mum's famous Latticework Pie.

My card class wanted a masculine 'number' birthday card this month so with Grant's big birthday coming up I used it as my card to teach.  I find masculine cards very hard so went with a fun theme.


We used markers to colour in the image and then re-stamped and cut out the balloons.  The two smaller ones were adhered with a dimensional while the larger balloon was just stuck on top of the original image.

I wanted the inside to have a bit of a surprise so taught this 'pop up' insert which was one I'd learnt at my first ever Extravaganza about 5 years ago.



It's very effective and easy to create with the help of the Word Window punch.

Supplies:
Stamp Set - Tag It, Memorable Moments
Card Stock - Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
Ink/Markers - Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Baked Brown Sugar
DSP - Birthday Basics
Other - Word Window Punch, Labels Framelits, Summer Starfruit Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

Check back tomorrow for the second card we made at last months card class.

Labels: ,