Happy Birthday Phil (and me)

Hi there

Well today is "double birthday" in our house - both Phil and I share the same birthday - how cool is that!  We've had a lovely day and are going to be catching up with my family tonight for supper.

We have this rule that Phil is not allowed to buy me a card but has to give me a handmade one.  Normally he gets a friend of ours to make him one but this time he has made it himself - with the help of my Mum.  I think he has done really well and check out the back - proof he made it.



And now onto the card I made Phil.  I struggled a bit to get going as it's been awhile since I did some crafting due to everything that has been happening over the last 6 weeks.  I checked out some challenge sites for inspiration and decided on the Just Add Ink colour challenge of Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green.


I've gone with a favourite stamp set 'Gorgeous Grunge' - sorry Steph for tempting you but I think you may need to buy this set!!  This is a great one for all occasions.

Here's a close up of my Linen Thread balloons - see the tails at the bottom of the sentiment strip!


And I remembered to photograph the inside.
Supplies:
Stamp Set - Gorgeous Grunge, Bring on the Cake
Card Stock - Baked Brown Sugar, Garden Green, Very Vanilla
Ink - Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Other - Linen Thread, Dimensionals

Just a quick update on health issues - Phil had his operation on Thursday and is doing really well.  Hopefully this one will have corrected everything and we can get on with life.  Thank you to all those who have been thinking and praying for us - it is much appreciated.

Labels: ,