Blooming with Kindness - team training demo

Hi there

Part of our team training day involves demonstrations showing us how to use new products, different techniques and ideas for workshops.  This was the first time I have done a demonstration to a big group (there were 42 of us) and it was a bit nerve racking to start with but I belong to such a wonderful team they make you feel relaxed and encourage you along the way.

This is the card I showed:

It combines a technique (heat embossing on vellum card stock) in a card that can be easily taught at a workshop.  I embossed the image with Midnight Muse ink and clear embossing powder then turned the vellum over and coloured in the flower from behind using Pool Party ink.  I've also used dry embossing for the bottom part of the card.  This is such a fun technique and I have some more cards to show you with this technique.

Supplies:
Stamp - Blooming with Kindness, Perfectly Penned
Card Stock - Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Vellum Card Stock
Ink - Midnight Muse, Pool Pary
Other - Clear Embossing Powder, Midnight Muse Satin Ribbon, Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs Folder, Decorative Label Punch  

Here are some other cards using this same technique:
For this one I stamped the image straight onto the Whisper White card stock and coloured in the 'gaps' of the flower.

While this one uses vellum paper (retired) that I found in my drawer.  I then decided to cut out the image with the Window Collections Framelit and sponge around the edge so that it stood out against the white background.

Labels: ,